Records reliably indicate 5 bells existed at Welford by 1699.
- Henry II Bagley 1699.
- Newcombe & Watts or Francis Watts? 1595.
- Hugh II Watts 1633
- Hugh II Watts 1633.
- Hugh II Watts 1638.
The early 2nd. bell, cast in 1595, believed to be by either Newcombe & Watts or Francis Watts of Leicester,was inscribed :-“Cum Cum and Prea”. (Come Come and Pray).
This bell was replaced by John Taylor & Co. in 1859.